11 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp and Namtso Lake Small Group Tour by Train
The highlights of this tour itinerary are Lhasa, Everest Base Camp and the holy Lake Namtso. It's is one of the most popular Tibet tour routes. And this Tibet trip involves all the Lhasa main attractions like Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street, Drepung and sera monastery with Gyantse Kumbum and Shigatse Tashi Lhunpho monastery.
You can not only enjoy natural scenery like Lake Yamdrok and Karo glacier, but also catch a breathtaking view of Mt.Evereset and Lake Namtso. At an altitude of 4,718 meters above sea level, Lake Namtso is the second largest alpine saline lake in Tibet. It's so fantastic to see numerous stars sparkling under the blue night sky above Qinghai-Tibet Plateau.
- 1. based on double occupancy;
- 2. 4-star accommodation level;
- 3. the price of a hard sleeper train ticket from Xining to Lhasa is included;
At a Glance
Day1 Board the train to Lhasa from Xining
Day2 Arrive in Lhasa
Day3 Lhasa Sightseeing: Potala Place, Johkang Temple, and Barkor Street (B&D)
Day4 Lhasa Sightseeing: Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery (B)
Day5 Lhasa-Shigatse via Gyantse (360km, B)
Day6 Shigatse to EBC (350km, B)
Day7 EBC to Shigatse (350km)
Day8 Shigatse to Lhasa (280km, B)
Day9 Lhasa to Namtso (220km, B)
Day10 Namtso to Lhasa (220km)
Day11 Depart from Lhasa (B)
All of our ‘Train ticket + Tour’ packages include a hard sleeper train ticket from Xining to Lhasa.
If you want to change to a soft sleeper ticket from Xining to Lhasa, or want to take a Tibet train from other cities, like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Lanzhou and Xi’an, you need to pay the price difference.
Just tell your travel counselor your preference, and you will get a new price quotation based on your requirements.
Itinerary Day by Day
The days marked on the calendar are the start days of the tour. For example, if you join in a tour on May 5, 2016, you will take a train from Xining to Lhasa on that day. Once you booked the tour, you travel counselor will offer you the departure time and number of the train for your trip. Please make sure you will arrive in Xining in advance.
If you want to take a Tibet train from Beijing / Shanghai / Guangzhou / Chengdu / Chongqing, go 1 day before our fixed departure date. And you need to pay the price difference.
If you prefer to depart from Lanzhou or Xi'an, you can take a train on the same day as our tour start. Also, a price difference need to be paid.
- Tibet Travel Permit and all other necessary permit to Tibet
- A hard sleeper train ticket from Xining to Lhasa
- All lodging listed in the itinerary that based on 4-star standard. If you travel individually, you will need to share one room with another tourist. If you prefer to stay in one room by yourself, you will have to pay the single room supplement
- Meals listed in itinerary
- Entrance fees of all tourist sites listed in the itinerary
- Local Tour Transfers according to group size
- Local Tibetan English-speaking guide
- One shared big Oxygen tank in the car
- Chinese visa
- International flight to and out of China
- Domestic train/flight out of Tibet.(We offer domestic train/flight ticket booking service, please contact our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified the itinerary
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and drive
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks, optional tour activities, etc.
Contact us for your dream trip nowEnquiry Now
You May Also Like
Tibet Train + Lhasa and Namtso Group Tour (7 Days)
Tibet train (from Xining) - Lhasa - Namtso Lake - Lhasa
Tibet Train + Lhasa to Kathmandu Group Tour (8 Days)
Tibet train (from Xining) - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Kathmandu
Tibet Train + Central Tibet and Namtso Group Tour (9 Days)
Tibet train (from Xining) - Lhasa - Lake Namtso - Gyantse - Shigatse - Lhasa
Tibet Train + Lhasa to EBC Group Tour (9 Days)
Tibet train (from Xining) - Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Lhasa
Ask a Quick Question