As the highest mountain on the earth, the majestic Mt. Everest has attracted tourists all over the world. This tour is for travelers who are keen on Mt. Everest but with a tight schedule. After 1-day Lhasa sightseeing to Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple, you will be escorted to EBC via Gyantse and Shigatse. Along the way, you can appreciate Yamdrok Lake and Karola Glacier, visit Pelkor and Tashilunpo Monastery, and enjoy the panoramic view of the world’s top 4 peaks at Gawula Pass. By staying overnight at ECB, you can have the chance to appreciate the breathtaking sunset and sunrise over the peak of Mt. Everest.
Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa (3650m)
When you arrive in Lhasa, your tour guide will hold a board with your name on it at the exit to welcome you. A private car will take you to the reserved hotel. You may view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/Bhamaputra River (the longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa River on the way from airport to Lhasa. Then, you can take a good rest at hotel to acclimatize to Tibetan plateau environment.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa tour: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street (B)
Today, you’ll pay a visit to the famous Potala Palace, the world culture heritage and the winter palace of Dalai Lama. You can explore its audience halls, the jeweled and golden burial chortens (stupa tombs) of past Dalai Lamas, meditation cave of the 33rd Great King of Tibet, and tremendous number of Buddhist frescoes, thangkas, combinations of mandala, etc.
Then you will head to the holiest temple in Tibet, the Jokhang Temple, built during Songtsen Ganpo's reign by Princess Wencheng of Tang dynasty, 647 A.D. Here you can observe sincere pilgrims making prostration in front of Jokhang Temple. While entering inside the temple, you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve. On the top of Jokhang Temple, you can enjoy the panorama of old Lhasa City and great vista of Potala Palace.
Then you can do the kora with pilgrims and locals by circling the Barkhor Street around the temple, buy some souvenirs, and taste sweet tea and local snacks in local tea house. Later, you can take your family to explore farm products like yak butter in Tromzikhang, the famous farm produce market.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 3: Lhasa to Shigatse (3900m) via Gyantse (B)
Today, you will take the car ride from Lhasa to Shigatse via Gyantse. On the way, You can have panoramic view of the turquoise Yamdrok Lake and the snow-capped Mt. Nojin Kangtsang (7191m) at Gangbala Pass (4790m), and have close view of the lake which is one of the three holy lakes in Tibet later. Besides, you can also appreciate Korola Glacier on the roadside. At Manak Dam Lake, tourists can hang prayer flags at Simila Mountain Pass.
Then you’ll go to the heritage town Gyantse and explore its old street, Pelkor Monastery and Nepali-style Kumbum Stupa, and catch the far view of Gyantse Fortress. After 1.5 hours’ driving, you will arrive in Shigatse, the second largest city in Tibet. In Shigatse, you will visit Tashilhunpo Monastery, the seat of Tibet's second highest incarnation, the Panchen Lama.
Stay Overnight in Shigatse.
Day 4: Shigatse to Everest Base Camp (5200m) (B)
After getting your Alien's Travel Permit, take the car ride to Lhatse and have lunch there. After that, you will cross Tsola Pass (4600m), Gyatsola Pass (5,248m) and Gawula Pass (5180m) on the way to EBC. At Gawula Pass, you can view the top 4 highest peaks in the world, namely, Mt. Everest (8844m), Cho Oyo (8201m), Lhotse (8516m), and Makalu (8463m).
Continue to traverse along the new zigzag road to Everest Base Camp and get closer to Mt. Everest peak. If lucky enough, you can catch the sunset of golden Everest peak if time and weather permits at the lodging area.
Tips: Our Tibetan guide will pay close attention to your response to altitude ascent and provide timely help when needed.
Stay overnight at tent or Rongbuk Monastery Guesthouse.
Day 5: Everest Base Camp to Shigatse (3900m)
You can watch the sunrise over the top of Mt. Everest if weather permits. After having a full view of the magnificent Mt. Everest, you will visit Rongbuk Monastery, the highest monastery in the world before heading back to Shigatse.
Stay overnight in Shigatse.
Day 6: Shigatse to Lhasa (3650m) (B)
Today, you will take car ride back to Lhasa along the Friendship Highway. The whole ride is about 280km and takes 6 hours along the Yarlung Tsangpo River/Bhamaputra River (the longest and largest river in Tibet).
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 7: Depart from Lhasa (B)
The guide will pick you up from your hotel, transfer you to Lhasa Gonggar Airport or Lhasa Railway Station, and help you get on board.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- Domestic flight/train tickets listed in the itinerary;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- First aid kit;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
- Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Let's Start Your Hassle-free Tibet Train Tour with Us!
From handling and delivery of your Tibet Travel Permit to sorting out the details like itineraries, hotels and booking the Tibet train tickets and flight tickets, we care deeply about your ideas and work 24/7 to ensure you a worry-free and pleasant travel.Enquire Now
You May Also Like
4 Days Private Tour from Lhasa to Everest Base Camp
Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Shigatse - LhasaHOT
9 Days Lhasa to EBC Family Tour
Lhasa - Ganden Monastery - Trubshi Village - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Shigatse - LhasaHOT
9 Days Lhasa to EBC Motorcycle Tour
Lhasa - Ganden - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Shigatse - LhasaHOT
9 Days Lhasa to EBC Photography Tour
Lhasa - Ganden - Yamdrok Lake - Gyantse - Shigatse - Everest Base Camp - Shigatse - LhasaHOT
Contact Us for Your Dream Tour Now
Your are enquiring for